Public Aid Organization –PAO; is a non-governmental, independent, non-profit and public utility organization. It works according to its humanitarian values in order to improve and settle the principles of human rights, establishing a developed civil society. This will be done by carrying out the developing and permanent programs and projects as it is guided by the United Nations’ declaration concerning the third millennium. PAO established in 1992 well rooted and present with offices in all Iraq.
Social Cohesion Officer
Public Aid Organization is looking for a Social Cohesion Officer. The Social Cohesion Officer will be in charge of social cohesion intervention in Ninawa.
- Implement Livelihoods programme activities such as beneficiary registration, assessment and counselling.
- Participate in field assessments and surveys such as market assessments, price monitoring, labour market analysis and social cohesion mapping.
- Ensure the preparation of required documentation for the procurement of goods and services in compliance with PAO requirements and delivered in a timely manner.
- Ensure equal participation through all stages of the project from all members of the community, taking into consideration gender, age, ethnic identities and clan and tribal affiliations.
- Organize training modules and liaison with women, youth and religious leaders.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Program Manager.
-Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Education or Social Sciences with at least 4 years of relevant work experience or High school certificate with at least 7 years of relevant work experience
-Post-graduate studies in political or peacebuilding studies, sociology and/or Psychosocial Support in emergency settings is an advantage.
-Excellent command of English, and Arabic are required;
-Any other language is an asset.
How to Apply